Projects that mechanical engineers work on can vary significantly/ especially AC installation for big projects, from researching and developing new projects, to improve production processes in large oil refineries or designing services within buildings.
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability;
• Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
• Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
• Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
• Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
• Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
• Planning and designing new production processes;
• Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
• Recommending modifications following prototype test results;
• Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design;
• Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
• Working and assisting with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
• Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
You will need to show:
• High level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems;
• Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and plant operators;
• Precise and concise written communication skills;
• The ability to work well within a team;
• IT skills, particularly computer-aided design;
• Creative ability;
• The ability to work under pressure;
• Organizational skills, such as time and resource planning.
Min 2 years of experience in similar role.