The registered nurse has to provide and coordinate patient care, administer medications and monitor vaccination, collaborate with physicians, maintain accurate and detailed reports and records, participate in the development of Supplementary Immunization Activities, and visit fields to review the documentation process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise, monitor and control the vaccination program within the Qadaa dispensaries.
• Coordinate the mechanism of receiving and submitting the vaccines to the entitled dispensaries and Primary Health Care centers within the Qadaa through direction set by the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) management.
• Monitor the good functioning and effectiveness of the cold chain system within each dispensary in the Qadaa.
• Ensure that the validity of the documented data is applicable and relevant to the vaccination process through regular revision of the reports received.
• Coordinate and monitor data entry regarding all vaccination processes.
• Conduct periodic field visits to all Qadaa dispensaries to review the documentation process, cold chain and techniques of vaccine administration per EPI protocol.
• Monitor EPI Information Education and Communication activities.
• Participate in and conduct EPI trainings for routine and supplementary immunization activities.
• Participate in development of micro plans for routine EPI and Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs).
• Build a team spirit and sense of interdisciplinary cooperation with the Qadaa Physician.
• Document EPI activities by the direction of EPI management.
• Perform other duties as required by PHC Department.
• Bachelor degree in nursing
• Minimum 1 year of experience in nursing
• Member of the Order of Nurses
• Good monitoring and reporting skills
• Ability to communicate well with different partners
• Ability to cope with cultural sensitivity and adaptability
• Ability to plan and prioritize the work load
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good computer skills
• Good Arabic, English and/or French speaking skills.