• Hire, coach, and monitor the performance of finance and accounting team members in the company’s branches in the MENA region.
• Oversee the maintenance of financial ledgers and monthly closing processes.
• Ensure accounting policies comply with relevant accounting standards.
• Through regular controls and spot audits, ensure accounting booking complies with accounting policies and Group internal authority matrix and policies.
• In coordination with the CFO, design, implement and maintain a robust and clear set of internal financial controls (mainly over receivable, cash and banks, revenues, discounts, margins, expenses and taxes).
• Conduct internal controls as to test and confirm the accuracy of the financial accounts.
• When appropriate, raise concerns and provide recommendations to CFO and Chief Accountant.
• Ensure appropriate corrective actions are immediately implemented by the finance team to remedy raised concerns.
• Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems.
• Assist internal and external auditors during financial audits.
• In coordination with the CFO, set budgeting yearly plan and financial guidelines and prepare budgets maintaining ad hoc analysis and documentation.
• In coordination with Operational Managers, ensure budgets are conducted efficiently and delivered on time.
• Assist Operational Managers by providing them with the pre-defined set of budget financial reports needed for their budget presentations.
• Where appropriate challenge Operational Managers on budgets assumptions, rationale and figures.
• Assist CFO in the preparation of the consolidated budget presentation.
• Recommend appropriate changes that will improve budgeting process.
Reporting & Analysis:
• Liaise with the accounting Department and Operational Managers to produce monthly and quarterly financial reports (financial dashboards, P&Ls, balance sheets…).
• Ensure timely production of statutory and internal financial reports.
• Analyze monthly financial statements by comparing actual results to budget and previous year and comment key variances.
• Immediately raise to CFO risks and concerns related to the financial performance of the group or its subsidiaries.
• Whenever needed or requested, provide management with ad hoc financial simulations and analysis.
• Recommend appropriate changes that will improve Group’s financial reporting.
• Assist senior management and CFO in growing the company through researching M&A Deals and partnerships, researching industries and markets while analyzing the potential to break into them, setting show pricing strategies and conducting competitive analysis