EDITEC is a successful lottery and sports betting operator, managing 18 national divisions across Africa and beyond. The company is fast growing, has doubled in size over the last 3 years, and has plans for further expansion. The company is globally recognised as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets.
EDITEC http://www.editec-lotteries.com is a renowned Member of the World Lottery Association WLA – http://www.world-lotteries.org and the European Lotteries and Toto Association – https://www.european-lotteries.org
An excellent opportunity for a talented sales / marketing professional who is looking for a challenging role and has the potential to become Operations Manager.
The role is to deliver on-going commercial growth across our product portfolio: Lottery and Sports Betting Games – in Game Centres / Betting Shops and at point-of-sales. You’ll be working with relevant stakeholders on answering these questions amongst others:
• What does it take to get a sports fan to play a certain product? What level of support do they need?
• What is the model for how potential clients learn about and start to use a product of our portfolio?
• How do we reactivate customers and keep them active? How do we increase customer’s activity and engagement?
• What happens when the football season ends? Where do the clients go? What can we do to keep them involved over the summer break?
• How do we take what has worked in one region and apply it to other regions? What are the regional differences that need to be applied to campaigns?
• What is the concept to recruit vendors (retailer, resellers and agents) and to increase sales network performance?
• How do we motivate engagement of sales and merchandiser teams, to sell our products?
• What can we do to encourage the co-workers of vendors / retailers to promote our games?
• Team Recruitment support – training, briefing and supervision
• Sales Network Management – business allocation, vendor recruitment, training, briefing and supervision
• Planning – sales (roll-out) and marketing budget (promotional planning)
• Sales Admististration – recording and analysis of contact / sales data
• Technical Organisation support (logistic planning)
• Finance Administration – budget control
• Reporting – directly reporting to the Operations Manager; on-going liaison with Commercial Executives, Finance- and IT Manager
• Will be educated to degree level, have a background in: Franchise, Retail, or FMCG / CPG Sales Network Management, with at least two years' man-management experience
• Will be an excellent communicator with proven planning, business start-up / retail roll-out and operational management skills, delivering sustainable business growth.
• Will be an independent thinker, quick learner, motivator, good problem-solving skills.
• Will have proven experience in team recruitment, training / briefing and supervision.
• Will have a proven record as department leader / manager.
Desirable but not essential skills:
• Will have working experience in emerging market environments.
• Will have a good knowledge of the leisure / entertainment – gaming industry.
• Bilingual: English / French
You may have had experience in the following roles: Business Manager, Channel Manager, Commercial Manager, Country Manager, Franchise Manager, General Manager, Managing Director, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Regional Manager, Retail Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Marketing Manger, etc.