The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of integrated marketing programs for projects that support product/service profit objectives, driving demand offerings through unique and competitive retail positioning.
• Develops strategic marketing briefs to ensure the attainment of business objectives, marketing objectives, sales goals, customer goals and vendor agreements.
• Develops and maintains marketing project schedules and status reports; obtains cost estimates; and tracks actual expenses.
• Provides the management with clear project direction on target audience, customer insights, marketing objectives and value proposition.
• Performs ongoing audits of existing project material to ensure consistency of messaging, adherence to brand guidelines, compliance and product/service accuracy.
• Collaborates to develop a set of measurement criteria to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction. Monitors results.
• Maintains knowledge of retail capabilities, customer needs, internal operations processes and competitive maneuvers.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights.
• At least 2 years of experience presenting and reporting on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
• Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with clients.
• Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel
• BA Marketing, Advertising, Business or Journalism.
• At least 2 years of experience integrated marketing or marketing analysis.
• At least 2 years of experience working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and in environments with structured marketing processes.
• At least 2 years of experience working with budgets and project management.
• Experience in marketing analytics and understanding quantitative analysis.
• At least 2 years of experience using competitive and customer insights to refine marketing plans or campaigns.
• Experience in consumer package goods, healthcare or retail marketing.
• Experience developing marketing value propositions and positioning statements.
• Experience in marketing national, direct-to-consumer programs.
• Experience implementing both acquisition and retention marketing initiatives.
• Exposure to a regulated environment with privacy, compliance and legal guidelines.
• Experience in the Beauty Industry