The public health officer has to support effective public health practices, promote awareness campaigns, inform, educate, and empower people about health issues, diagnose and monitor health problems, and coordinate the delivery of public health services with stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Audit key stakeholders and understand the program needs through direction of Qadaa Physician and PHC Coordinator.
• Identify public health gaps of population in the Qadaa and set strategies to address them.
• Manage effective and relevant health programs.
• Monitor health services provided to the community.
• Actively participate in the development and set strategies and operational goals for Public health services.
• Coordinate all activities related to public health with the National & international support bodies ( MOPH, NGOs, UNHCR, UNICEF, …)
• Coordinate the delivery of public health services with stakeholders within the Qadaa (Municipalities, Schools, NGOs, Mokhtar ….) in relevance to the duty station.
• Ensure that the needs of special groups are met including children, pregnant women, disabled and elderly through the programs already set.
• Submit annual operational plan in coordination with the Qadaa Physician.
• Cultivate an environment of health education and raise public awareness on communicable and non-communicable diseases on regular basis in consultation and agreement with the Qadaa Physician.
• Gather and evaluate data, prepare and update briefs, records, reports and other documents relevant to the assigned work.
• Perform other duties as required by the PHC Department.
• Master degree in Public Health
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the public health domain
• Excellent coordination skills
• Good Analytical and communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Fluent in Arabic and English, written and oral