The Event Specialist is responsible to plan and execute cultural events, from regional events to sponsorship of industry conferences. His daily responsibilities will include serving as an event expert, working closely with product and solutions marketing managers to identify event goals, content, and promotion, and coordinate all event logistics. He will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
• Planning, production and execution of events hosted at Beirut Synergy Hub, from large events to small user groups.
• Assist in the definition and creation of event goals, while keeping customer needs in mind, to ensure event success.
• Serve as event project manager.
• Pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, event promotion and registration, budget management, related travel arrangements, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.; working with the event owner on speaker identification, content creation, collateral and swag creation, etc.; on-site duties include ensuring proper set-up and signage, registration coordination, speaker management, time management, etc.
• Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget.
• Expertly drive pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation.
• Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip report.
• Work closely with marketing, sales, product teams, PR, upper management, and field evangelists to achieve business goals via event marketing.
• Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverable.
• Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
• Manage post-event action items and execution.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
• Bachelor in Marketing, PR, Business or related field
• 3 years of experience with working in event organization, management
• Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
• Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• Interest in the nonprofit sector
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment
• Fast learner, creative problem solver
• Fluency in English and Arabic required (French is a plus)
• 3 years