One of our respectfull client located in Fanar region is currently seeking to recruit a Chief Accountant.
- Job Objective:
Assist Vice President of Business in all financial functions. Responsible for the daily accounting transactions, accounting procedures and financial reporting. Directs and coordinates the daily activities of the accounting and treasury specialists including Credit, A/R and A/P.
- General Principles:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies.
1. Create, develop, implement, and follow-up Standard Operating procedures manual for the accounting & treasury department.
2. Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management. Ensure all daily JV’s auditing.
Supporting accounting & treasury officer (T1) in issuing complex financial documents (L/C’s, L/G).
3. Will have direct management responsibility for accounting team members and treasury department, working on implementing a high team spirit and work efficiency.
4. Ensures that company financial records, under his responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and Lebanese law and regulations. Responsible for reviewing weekly/monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
5. Supervises the completion of tax reporting requirements (including income, VAT, CNSS, payroll and other local taxes). Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
6. Responsible of production of various analytical cost calculation and reports.
7. Responsible of issuing monthly profit and loss reports to top management.
8. Produces and issues quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc reports.
9. Responsible of developing annual budgets, and updating on quarterly basis.
10. Preparation or monitoring company’s various cash flow projections forecasts and perform financial modeling.
11. Responsible of bank relations.
-Education :Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
1. Extensive experience in preparing bank and cash reconciliations.
2. High level of IT literacy including advanced excel skills and a familiarity with Business Intelligence.
3. Strong statutory accounting experience and exposure to tax declarations Vat, Payroll & Income.
4. Ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
5. 7 - 10 years of accounting experience.
- Personality Traits:
Attention to detail
Ability to manage a team
Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Worck Schedules: Monday to Friday from 7.30 AM to 5:00 PM