As a Junior Database Administrator, the selected candidate will be responsible of administrating, monitoring, tuning, querying, reporting and the maintenance of the databases.
• Supports end-users by troubleshooting database issues and errors
• Restores and performs backups on databases to alternate environments
• Database security administration, give and deny access for the users on deferent databases
• Monitor database logs for potential problems on a daily basis
• Physical implementation of new databases as well as changes to existing databases
• Provide database oriented solutions including data extraction, database scripts, and database reporting
• Design and change databases in coordination with developer.
• Check (Or help in writing) most queries written by developers and tune them.
• Works on personal development.
• Masters or Bachelor Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer communication, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server is required
• Microsoft SQL Server Certifications are a plus
• knowledge in SQL querying
• Basic skills in database administration in Microsoft SQL Server
• Basic Knowledge in database performance tuning through monitoring database environment or tuning system resources, queries, indexes, and other database objects is a Plus
• Skills in MySQL/MANGO DB is a plus
• Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under a full workload and tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with a multiple audiences