The Architectural Sales Engineer is responsible for the success of projects in their assigned territories and is the main point of contact for discussing opportunities and projects with customers (architects, designers, general contractors and sub-contractors) and internally.
1. Generate sales leads on existing products and promote new products to clients, architects, independent designers and general contractors.
2. Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
3. Follow up with clients and serve as technical consultants as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
4. Prepare a quotation document and presentation to the client.
5. Drive to and from customer sites or offices including ability to transport product samples or other sales demonstration tools as needed.
6. Understand the scope of work with the details of the project.
7. Oversee elements of the design and construction processes from site preparation to building completion.
8. Determine and schedule different stages of the fabrication process according to client needs.
9. Monitor progress to comply with project deadlines.
10. Create shop drawings for client projects.
11. Provide accurate site dimensions if required.
12. Ensure AutoCAD drawings coincide with site dimensions details.
13. Organize and submit orders in conjunction with the Architectural Project Manager.
14. Review production information and drawing accuracy.
15. Responsible for the project from order placement to final closeout and invoicing.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent.
• Sales experience is a plus.
• A car is a must.
• Good understanding of the basics of interior construction, exterior architectural elements and finishing products.
• Good comfort level with presenting and communicating to clients.
• Able to bring innovative ideas and designs forward.
• Positive can-do attitude. Be engaged and involved.
• Able to be responsive. Provide proactive communication.
• Ability to inform both verbally and written.
• Able to communicate ideas through proposals and drawings in a thoughtful yet compelling manner.
• Technical Proficiency: Adept at using technological tools including AutoCAD, rendering software.
• Strong communication skills and maintain close communication with other members of their sales team and clients.
• Good presentation skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team, a strong drive to succeed, and basic computer skills.
• Ability to effectively multitask when required.