The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager and/or the EPC Project Manager with day to day management of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, Subcontractors, Suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute projects.
Assist the Project Management (PM) team in building client relationships while interfacing with the client for all proposal and project related items
• Assist the PM team with negotiating, approving and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders
• Review and assist with the implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases and design changes
• Assist with oversight of Safety & Health performance of project team members and Subcontractors
• Assist with internal and external project risk reviews and communicating project status, risks, schedule and costs to all stakeholders.
• Assist with the development and review of internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports.
• Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan
• Assist with the subcontract bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for Supplier and Subcontract contracts including recruiting, prequalifying and engaging in selecting Subcontractors and Suppliers
• Assist with the Prime Contract, Subcontractor, and Supplier invoicing process
• Assist with site mobilization and demobilization activities.
• Develop and establish project documentation and filing systems
• Assist with securing applicable project permits
• Participate in project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required
• Assist with the Subcontractor change management process and claims mitigation.
• Attend and participate in project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes
• Assist with the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
• Assist with compliance of company policies in all project aspects
• All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess/be:
• A bachelor degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
• minimum of 2 years’ experience. Experience in Procurement is a plus.
• excellent knowledge in Excel, good reporting skills, good knowledge in AutoCad. Knowledge in Pimavera is a plus.
• fluent in English.