Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
• Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
• Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
• Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
• Devises and implements system for general accounting.
• Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
• Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
• Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
Skills and requirements:
1 - 2 years of experience in accounting
BA in Accounting or related technical degree