A bank in Hamra is looking to hire an Assistant Database Administrator.
Responsibilities: Her/his main duties are to assist the manager in:
· Administering Oracle Server and application tools.
· Designing and implementing strategies for backup and recovery of databases.
· Performing database tuning and performance monitoring.
· Allocating system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system.
· Supervising, creating and modifying primary database storage structures.
· Ensuring the compliance of systems with banks,card organizations, vendors and BDL requirements.
· Managing and monitor user accesses to the databases.
· Implementing and testing new releases on the databases.
· Performing data migration and backups as required.
· Designing and developing logical and physical databases with respect to database design standards and database management systems.
· Ensuring that backup logs/data are performed on a daily basis, saved on tapes and stored in the department’s safe.
· Reorganizing the databases to ensure their maximum up-time.
· Troubleshooting and solving problems related to the databases.
· Ensuring that systems security is maintained according to the IT security procedures and policies.
· Carrying out any other assignment as instructed by the reporting manager.
Requirements:Candidate must be a computer science graduate from a reputable university and should have min 6 years of experience in Database Administration in Oracle, Linux and SQL. A certification in Oracle CDB Admin is a plus.
Working hours: Monday to friday 8:30 to 5:00 & Saturday 8:30 to 1:00