The Digital Editor manages content for social media channels and e-newsletters, with particular focus on political news in Arabic. The position requires political journalism experience, excellent writing and editing skills, an enthusiasm for social media, and an understanding of SEO best practices.
Multimedia (video, audio and/or infographics) skills are a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifies topics and potential sources or contributors. Edits contributed articles and assembles materials needed for posting (Photoshop knowledge).
• Tracks daily news for multiple websites.
• Works with senior staff to maintain assigned daily e-newsletters and social media accounts.
• Develops ideas for, and contributes to, video and audio content, including podcasts.
• Applies SEO best practices to all online content.
• BS degree in Journalism or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Hands on experience using social media
• Photoshop experience
• Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.