1. Run and supervise any kitchen section to the required standards set by management.
2. Ensure all preparation of the designated section is complete and ready for each service
3. Responsible for orders and maintaining good stock and waste control
4. Responsible for the quality control of stock and prepared foods
5. Execute cooking to the expected high standard quickly and efficiently
6. Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the designated section, including fridges is monitored and maintained to the required standard
7. Support head chef and sous in delivering required standard of food, and kitchen operation
8. Effectively delegate jobs to junior chefs and apprentices
9. Support junior chefs and apprentices in their development
10. Maintain a positive and pro active attitude at all times
11. Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
12. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by management
14. Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
15. Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff.
16. Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.