The Enterprise Architect will develop and maintain IT architectures and standards for sets of technologies across the company. The Enterprise Architect will work with other Architects/Engineers to co-ordinate the specifications in their areas so that they smoothly interface to other technologies and are fully supportable within the IT environment. The Enterprise Architect will maintain technical awareness of developments within their technology areas and will evaluate the applicability of those developments to the IT Architecture in order to ensure that such developments are exploited for the business benefit of the company. The Senior Architect will coordinate engineering/development work across the regional and local teams to ensure adherence to global standards. As the technical expert in their areas of responsibility the Enterprise Architect will provide fourth level support for their technology areas and will coordinate multi-regional and vendor support for any problem escalated from the regional level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and supervise integration plans for various technology sets: Strategies and Technology Roadmaps, Enterprise Application Component Architectures, and Data Architectural Standards
• Review and sign-off all final technical design specifications for local, regional, and global implementations of any technology within their specified areas
• Review and sign off all proposed data structures for adherence to company’s Data Architecture Standards and supportability
• Assist in the production of the data model and the system’s architecture
• Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyze the abilities of tools and technologies and compare with the needs of the business, recommend potential solutions to managers within the business
• Design and supervise Enterprise Infrastructure Component Architectures
• Develop, maintain, and supervise global IT Architecture Framework
• Coordinate technology changes with the Enterprise Architecture, and other IT teams to ensure supportability
• Develop, maintain, and supervise Corporate IT standards and corporate data dictionary
• Assist in Developing IT strategy documentation and input into business strategy documentation, in support of specified business units
• Assist in Managing and coordinating the implementation of internal, external and off the shelf business applications with all IT and business groups
• Assist in training and communication programs
• Assist in selection of vendor hardware and software including due diligence activities
• 10+ years of progressive experience in computer system support, design, engineering, and architecture.
• Three years of which must be in a multi-national role in a large distributed computing environment at the Architecture level at a global scale.
• Industry recognized certification in areas of specialization.
• Demonstrate possession of excellent aural, oral, and written Communications skills, to include writing/editing of
• technical documentation for international audiences; effective presentation skills
• Be able to serve as technical leader on a global scale in specified areas. Capable of coordinating technical services across local and regional service organizations.
• Able to give input to strategic plans for projects that impact multiple departments or multiple countries.
• Able to assess/diagnose problems and requirements for work, identify root causes of technical problems, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.