The Association for Lebanese Rural Development (L.R.D) is a Non-Governmental Organization registered in Lebanon on the 28th September 2006 under the official registration number 459 /AD at the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities and upon its establishment, its activities were based in Jezzin and South Lebanon. In March 2012, LRD began expanding its area of work to include other regions; mainly Akkar, as it is one of the most deprived regions in Lebanon.
LRD is the manifestation of a bold dream to reduce rural exodus by developing and implementing a sustainable rural development plan through:
- Improving the livelihoods of individuals, families and communities
- Empowering and unleashing the potential of the human capital
- Investing in natural resources using innovative technologies
- Assisting local authorities enhance their infrastructure
- Building societal bridges and cooperation among stakeholders in rural communities to celebrate richness in diversity, values and cultural heritage.
Rural communities in Lebanon leading a life with dignity and self-respect as they are supported to invest and harness the potential of their human, social, natural, financial and physical capitals.
Developing, investing in and implementing sustainable holistic programs that support rural communities to sustain themselves and be well rooted in their land based on their local assets; through enhancing the skills and potentials of the human capital, improving socio-economic status, harnessing natural resources, improving basic services infrastructures and enhancing social cohesion and multi-stakeholder cooperation
Respect of human rights
Non-discrimination between different social status, religion, areas and gender
Transparency and professionalism within the work environment