. Supervise the day-to-day functions of the Banquet department employees, facilities, and costs.
Direct prompt, efficient, and appropriate set up and service of all events. Ensure that all
contracted food and beverage requests are met for each event. Reinforce all standards on food and
2. Maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Manage all guest requests, complaints
and queries. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the Sales and culinary teams, and to
other managers in the Banquet department to ensure details are correctly maintained.
3. Establish and maintain effective employee relationships. Ensure staff is correctly communicated
with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated. Ensure that staff is following all
service, cleanliness and hygiene standards.
4. Conduct administrative duties such as counseling, coaching, and performance evaluation. Assist
in ongoing operating costs, scheduling and payroll. Ensure all banquets checks are rung correctly.
5. Conduct liquor and supply inventories when necessary. Control and check the handling of
beverage and liquor to minimize loss. Check and process all requisitions and purchase orders for
supplies as needed.
6. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
7. Set and train, and promote department Standards of Excellence.
8. Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any
issues or grievances to the Banquet Manager and or Human Resources.
9. Comply with The Hay Adams Handbook, the Departmental Standard Operating Manual and our
policies and procedures.
10. Perform other functions as required and directed.