The Quality Assurance Engineer role is to monitor and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyse data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing manual/automated test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
The QA engineer will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• Review functional requirements and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including designing and manipulating test data, and validating stored procedures.
• Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
• Bring your best attitude!
• BS or BA degree preferred.
• 1+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
• 1+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
• Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, and validating stored procedures.
• Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
• Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
• Liaison with development, project management, and customer support.
• Loads of enthusiasm!