Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the company in the area of communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Communication & Public Relations
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of all Organization communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, Websites, PR agencies and so forth.
• Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
• Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Manage and monitor all Webcor Group Website development and content updates
• Coordinate the appearance/content of all Organization print and Social platforms such as Facebook, use of logo, brochures content, articles in magazines, newsletters, media trainings etc.
• Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist the company in the communications and positioning of their activities.
• Provide counsel to the company on communications and public relations
• Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
• Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related events and Groups yearly events.
Planning and Budgeting
• Responsible for the achievement of communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Committee
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Committee.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the communications/public relations function.
• Keep informed of developments in the fields of communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
• Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making.
• Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
• Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
• Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
• Help formulate and administer policies to ensure communication flow of key message across the organization
• Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.