- Job Level: Entry
- Department: Operations
- Unit: Stand Alone Locations
- Working hours: Flexibility in working hours, covering 48 hours per week ranging from Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am till 10:00 pm
- Job location: Head Office - Badaro, Beirut
- Reporting To:
Head of Operational Systems Support Unit
The Teller is responsible for meeting customers’ needs in a timely manner by providing high quality service including efficient and accurate transaction processing and by following OMT standards and procedures. He / She is responsible for managing cash balances, receiving and paying out money, as well as accurately keeping records of various financial transactions.
- Maintain and ensure cash safety and availability according to predefined limits at all times
- Ensure processing customers’ transactions and money transfers effectively
o Pay out money after verifying information provided for sending/receiving money and that written and numerical amounts agree
o Verify other information such as dates, sender/receiver’s names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents presented
o Process & record transactions, generate receipts and sign them with customer
o Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges
- Provide and sustain high customer service quality by building positive relationship with customers and promoting OMT services
- Greet and serve customers ensuring highest standards of customer service
- Receive customers' calls & answer their queries
- Ensure all promotional items are well displayed and in a good condition
- Explain, promote, sell/cross-sell OMT products & services such as prepaid cards, postpaid lines and other services; advise customers when needed
- Represent OMT in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- Report customers’ feedback & claims on any OMT service
- Collect, archive and send all receipts and necessary documents provided by customers to OMT head office
- Perform any other duties related to his/her scope of work and competencies needed in order to meet the ongoing organizational needs. The Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive
- Education: Bachelor Degree, TS Degree or equivalent in experience
- Experience: Previous experience in customer service and cash handling are preferable
- Linguistic Skills: Moderate in English and Arabic written & spoken
- Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge
- Physical Demands: The job operates in a professional office environment and requires using office equipment & technology tools
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizational Skills
- Coordination Skills
- Effective Communication
- Dependability & Reliability
- Computer Skills
- Financial Accuracy
- Transaction Processing
- Cash Handling
Values we look for in you:
- Integrity: contribute to maintaining the integrity of the organization, display high standards of ethical conduct and understand the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others.
- Respect: value the person independently from position, gender or race
- Customer Orientation: desire to identify and serve customers/clients, who may include the public, colleagues, partners, co-workers, peers and other organizations. Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer/client needs.
- Results Orientation: the ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, focusing effort on the goals with concern for surpassing a standard of excellence and striving for improvement.
- Team Spirit: working co-operatively with diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals. This includes communicating effectively and collaboratively with others.
Founded in 1998, being Western Union accredited agent and holding the largest agent network in the country ‘over 900 locations’, OMT is the pioneer provider of financial services with a leading market position in Lebanon.
OMT is continuously growing its portfolio of services and this with always one goal, facilitating our client’s life by meeting the market needs and preserving the highest service quality. Today OMT offers a wide bundle of services ranging from money transfer to payment services in addition to business-to-business services.
Throughout the years, OMT has succeeded in establishing solid and trustful relations with its clients, partners and agents in Lebanon and across the globe. It has thus managed to strategically position its brand around important values such as Convenience, Quality and Human Bonds.