ArabNet is looking for a social media and digitally-savvy person responsible for content creation, event reporting, strategy lead for its Social Media channels.
While every day as a Social Media Specialist is different, this is what we’re looking for in short:
Creating content for, managing, monitoring and moderating ArabNet social media channels, campaigns, and strategies, and growing the company’s presence on these mediums while fostering and managing the relationship with influencers on and off line.
In details, the responsibilities include:
● Expert user in FB, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube and other social media and blogging platforms.
● Content creation – writing and designing/curating blog and social media platform specific posts (includes copy and visual)
● Nurturing engagement, making sure questions consistently have a quick response, and growing the community while giving its unique feel and building the company’s brand and relationship both online and offline.
● Attending industry and community events and planning meetups for our community
● Monitors discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community
● Identifying trends / topical market research
● Working closely with Marketing Manager and other departments to develop online engagement strategies, campaigns, and social media messages
Before taking a decision on the position, make sure you have these traits:
● Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
● Have a Personality: no community likes talking to a robot. It doesn’t mean you’re a snappy person though; patience and a sense of humor are essential.
● Have passion, for what you do and the brand you are representing - passion is contagious, and we want our community to capture that energy.
● Your organizational skills are equivalent to the best German and Japanese corporate cultures, or you aspire and understand the need for this aspect of work.
● Communities are living social constructs, but they rarely sleep. Just like you would your baby, you shouldn’t mind checking up on the social channels, even when outside office hours.
● You have between 2 and 3 years of experience in the field – and you love it.