1. Assist in implementation of VAT within the company and across GCC.
2. Lead the implementation of the Indirect Tax frameworks, ERP integration and execution of all statutory procedures.
3. Lead and manage the VAT team.
4. Ensure all reports and deliverables are accurate and timely
5. Draft and execute the VAT strategy across the group.
6. Detect and evaluate all risks as well as opportunities regarding respective tax issues and ensure compliance with all VAT laws.
7. Implement VAT policies and procedures for accounting, compliance and audit.
8. Ensure budgetary compliance and audits as prevent budget exceeds
9. Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as manage Taxation audit queries.
10. Periodically train Department Heads and staff on latest updates and implications of VAT.
11. Implement the VAT module within an ERP system and ensure all trained on it.
12. Provision VAT in budgets as well as ensuring the organization to be up-to-date on changes in tax legislations.
13. Manage VAT across all locations with periodic reports on its execution and impact.
14. Provide reports to management/senior management on issues and projects.
15. Lead core projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks.
16. Performs any duty assigned by the line
17. Processes any cross training as mandated by the line
18. Alternates for colleagues when requested by the management
19. Specialized Experience: 8 years of relevant hands-on experience
20. Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Finance with a Masters is preferred.
21. Computer Literacy: Projects Managements, Advanced MS Office, ERP- Oracle / SAP and any related software programs