The Sales Executive must ensure that he receives the highest levels of service using a consultative selling approach, and follow A4mex Sales Process.
The job holder is responsible for developing and achieving revenue objectives from Small to Medium Customers.
- Gain new business across the entire product portfolio through negotiation at the appropriate level within the customer’s organizational structure. Apply externally negotiated arrangements as advised.
- Maintain existing customers, maximizing loyalty, and ensuring service standards are exceeded at all times.
All service failures must be followed up with visits, with communication to the Customer Service through to resolution.
- Ensure regular visits to major competitor customers are undertaken ensuring that A4mex is well placed to take on the business should a change in circumstances (service / pricing / opportunity) permit this.
- Ensure that intelligence data regarding these accounts is recorded in the database.
- Ensure customers’ invoices are settled as per credit facilities.
- Manage the development and delivery of services and solutions that provide consistency and re-usability.
- Manage the effective segmentation of each customer to fully understand the customer’s needs and to ensure Company is targeting the right type of business to achieve long-term profitability objectives.
- Build and understand market share in industry segment responsible for by product.
- Lead and manage customer presentations and proposals, ensuring there is a common understanding of service expectations and solutions.
2. NATURE AND SCOPE
- The Job Holder is responsible for the profitable growth and development of the allocated customers. This requires a detailed understanding of these customers' requirements in order to provide customized time and day definite services, encompassing logistics and distribution services.
The Job Holder is responsible for managing the assigned customer base in order to maintain and grow the market leadership position and achieve individual targets while meeting key customer needs.
- Reporting Relationships:
This position reports to the Department Manager.
- Problem Solving:
This position will be the prime customer contact. The job holder will have to resolve those problems in the most efficient way in order to retain the customers.
- Decision Making :
The job holder will have to make decisions during negotiations with customers related to volume and discount levels as well as additional services offered. The Job Holder will propose discount agreements to the Direct Manager for approval.
Planning and Organisation:
The job holder has to establish actionable sales plans for managing prospects and existing customers.
The key challenge of this job is an effective self management and other resources to deliver the agreed levels of revenue and profit in the assigned industry, whilst meeting key customer needs.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 - 3 years sales experience preferably in commercial logistics or supply chain management.
- Commercially orientated
- Proven high performance of managing multinational, complex logistics accounts in a service industry would be an advantage.
- A proven track record in over achievement of objectives
- Strong numeracy and presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to manage / lead.
- Relationship building and proven strong negotiation skills
- Ability to influence internally and externally
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Customer focus (Internal & External)
- Personal Motivation and drive
- Account Management ability
- Car is a must.