1. To develop standard recipes which allow the pastry shop to operate at an acceptable food cost.
2. To prepare, in conjunction with the Executive Chef annual operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses.
3. To be responsible for production of all pastries, cakes, hot, cold and frozen desserts, fruits, toppings as well as for requested by other outlets Chefs such as puff pastry shells, saffron flavored profiteroles, cookies for coffee breaks, etc.
4. To check and assist in replenishing buffet desserts and ensure sufficient supply at all times and to ensure highest possible quality and consistency.
6. To discuss with outlet Chef and Restaurant Manager on popular items, changes, etc.
7. To create new interesting items and change on a regular basis (consider recommendations from Chef, Restaurant Manger).