Provide Strategic technology vision and leadership in the planning, implementation and integration of technology and information systems to grow and support business operations, achieve strategic goals, provide exceptional customer service to clients and colleagues, and manage key partner relationships. The Senior IT Director is an enterprise-oriented technologist with experience planning, developing, deploying and supporting enterprise products at scale. This individual will be responsible for selecting and implementing tools that will support all business units and Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build and gain buy-in to a comprehensive IT strategy that is keeping pace with the company’s growth and future business and product plans
• Direct and manage IT strategic plans, policies, programs, and schedules for management of Information and Communication Technology and Services, Application Service Platforms, Data Storage and Consumption, Support Services, Network and Systems Management, Information Governance and Security to accomplish the business goals and objectives
• Prepare IT objectives and budgets to facilitate the secure and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information and data
• Review and approve major IT contracts for information systems, applications, services and equipment
• Serve as an internal change agent to drive business process enhancements and innovation, without introducing bureaucracy in a highly entrepreneurial environment
• Serve as a true peer to other members of the senior management team, capable of contributing to the business strategy and operations at the same level as other senior executives
• Partner with all functions and Operations to ensure that IT needs are met efficiently and effectively based on clearly defined SLAs
• Champion the development of IT talent based on the IT Competency Framework
• Define and continuously update an effective IT leadership and succession plan
• Working with DSC’s People Team, develop and execute plans to attract and retain top IS talent and build scalable organization capabilities
• Develop Group-wide Programs for Business Intelligence/Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Mart and Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
• Build and enhance an enterprise class IT Governance and Security Strategy including governance, processes and reporting mechanisms
• Recommend and implement strategic systems integration, middleware and conversions in support of business goals and objectives
• Oversee the design, development, and implementation of business and enterprise applications and changes to existing IT systems and software solutions
• Evaluate the overall operations of computing and information systems functions and recommend best-in-class enhancements as part of a continuous improvement plan
• Ensure that the business IT systems and software are “user-friendly and easy” and support a best-in-class Customer Experience (CX)
• Lead Risk analysis/management and establish new security controls whenever needed (VPN, Firewall, SIEM, IDS / IPS, VLAN, RADIUS ...).
• Leads regular interval penetration testing and source code review of internally developed applications.
• Leads continuous functional and behavioral training for IT staff
• Map out both the IT strategy and IT policy of the organization; covering future proofing, procurement and the external and internal standards laid out by the company.
• Supports the continuous analysis and improvement of existing business processes
• Identifies and develops the capability to use new tools, reshaping the enterprise's physical infrastructure and network access, and identifying and exploiting the enterprise's knowledge resources.
• Anticipate trends in the market place with regard to technology and leads innovation and creative imitation ensuring that the business navigates these trends through expert guidance and proper strategic IT planning that is aligned to the corporate strategy of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required in computer science; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of Fifteen years of progressively responsible management experience in IT/computer operations.
• Minimum of seven years of cumulative experience in the areas of computer operations; hardware and software applications including database management software; data communication technology; system/network administration and help desk support.
• Background in healthcare environment is preferred, including experience with HIPPA guidelines, third party billing procedures and systems.
• Experience directing complex multi-site organizations preferred.
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, to succeed in a fast-moving high-demand environment, to set and manage priorities, and to assist in supporting business-critical projects when necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill with the ab