Duties and Responsibilities
In order to ensure that all applications run smoothly and all customer inquiries are properly addressed, Application Support Analysts perform a variety of tasks.
these core Application Support Analyst duties and responsibilities are under the following category: Assess Problems, Proactively Problem-Solve, Keep issues Recorded and Provide On-Call Support
the Main details of the Tasks required are:
• Respond to partner and customer enquiries through self-service portal, email and telephone.
• Develop customer relationships through professional, dependable and accurate interactions.
• Provided first and second-level application software support for multiple products. Analyze system errors and troubleshoot network, server, and database errors. Document system bugs and report it to Development team.
• Reduced redundancy of report requests from business users by updating, and creating those requested reports with the coordination of related product owners and product team leaders.
• Updated and create incident management tickets in our call tracking application.
• Identified defects, work with project dev team on a code change and new fix in upcoming Release.
• Create, monitor, update defects, and follow-up on open customer issues.
• Reply to customer mission critical issues even outside business hours.
• On site visit to customer sites for high profile issue resolution.
• Provide training to customers if required within the service level agreement.
• Record and manage best practice resolutions for company’s self-service knowledge base.
• Escalate issues as per Service Level Agreement.
• Extend technical support on software for internal and external clients.
• Wrote and executed SQL queries for reporting and research purposes.
• Inform client functionality requests or software change requests to development team.
• Manage resolution paths’ knowledge base and known issues.
• Offer proactive communication to clients, account managers and project managers.
• Manage Technical Support forum and website.
• Installed releases in test environment for testing purposes and client production environment upon client approval.
• Perform basic changes such as changes on reports
In addition to possessing a wealth of technical knowledge, they must also have the interpersonal skills to help users of said application.
the following core skills one must possess to get a job as an Application Support Engineer.
• Experience in customer service
• Advance in communication skills
• Calm, Patient, attentive, positive, understand customers, and clear in communications
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Up-to-date knowledge of scripting, coding and application software
• Willing to work on weekends and/or after hours
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• High attention to detail
• Ability to Handle Surprises
• Working knowledge of SQL Databases & basic network configuration
• Basic Knowledge of DotNet.
• Working Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software
• Ability to learn and master our specific software
• Complex problem solving
• Ability to diagnose & address application issues
• Familiarity with the insurance industry