Position title: Receptionist
Appointment Process No: BERUT-EXT311759-LE04-AG-2018
Department: Embassy of Canada in Beirut, Lebanon
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Administration
Salary range: Starting salary 21,378$US – 31,003$US + Benefits
Location: 43 Jal el-Dib Highway, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Summary of Duties
Under the supervision of the Management/Consular Officer, the receptionist operates the central telephone switchboard serving all programs of the mission; provides general information to mission’s general relations, commercial, consular and immigration programs; controls physical access to the Chancery and provides a front-line security system; manages accommodation and hotel relations; manages basic social media tools; performs some support to the consular section and performs other duties as required.
Area of selection/Eligibility
This selection process is open to applicants residing, and with the legal right to work, in Lebanon and who meet all of the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• A degree from a recognized university.
• Proficiency in English and French (read, write, and speak);
• Proficiency in Arabic (read, write, and speak).
• Minimum of 1 year’s recent experience (in the last five years) working with the public
• Minimum of 1 year’s recent experience (in the last five years) working in an office environment.
• Minimum of six months’ experience working for an international organization or a foreign Embassy.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and practices;
• Knowledge of computers, internet and MS Word software such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to plan and organize workflow;
• Ability to maintain a high quality of service to internal and external clients;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• Ability to translate and summarize information.
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Skilled in typing Arabic.
• Must be available to work overtime, periodic evenings or weekends as required.
Conditions of Employment
• The successful candidates must be able to legally work in Lebanon or at the Embassy of Canada in Beirut.
• Applicants must hold a valid working authorization covering the period of employment. The Government of Canada cannot sponsor a candidate to obtain work authorization documents.
• The appointment of the successful candidates will be subject to Reliability Check (RC). A “Reliability Status” is the minimum security requirement needed to obtain before starting a new position with the Embassy of Canada in Lebanon. The security clearance must be maintained throughout employment – failure to do so may result in dismissal.
How to apply
• Please follow the link http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=?& and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the selection process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Lebanon does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• The Embassy of Canada to Lebanon does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exam