The purpose of SAT 7 is to provide Christian satellite and online television services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for a Broadcasting & IT Director to have the overall responsibility for SAT-7’s day to day technical operations (including broadcast and IT functions).
The Broadcasting and IT Director will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and he/she will be a part of the International Management Team.
The Broadcast and IT Director will be responsible for the Technical strategy of SAT-7, implementing and managing infrastructure and systems to support the SAT-7 ministry in the Middle East and North Africa. The right candidate will have the overall responsibility for on-screen quality. Additionally, he/she will run a team based in Cyprus which provisions common systems and infrastructure for all offices across the region and will also have functional responsibility for IT and Broadcasting staff in other offices. Other responsibilities include management of SAT-7’s outsourced broadcasting partners, provision of core business systems, networks & encoding, office and video editing computers, IT security etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT 7
• Previous managerial experience in a similar organisation is required
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa is a plus
• Excellent communication skills to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multi-denominational environment
• Fluent in English; Arabic, Farsi or Turkish an advantage
• Good high-level knowledge of IT management is mandatory
• A degree in Television/Cinema or broadcasting studies or similar would be an advantage
• Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
International Office, Nicosia, Cyprus
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying in the subject line of your email.