The BI Developer’s role is to develop and test Business Intelligence applications integrated with the enterprise data warehouse and the source databases. In addition, he/she will be in coordination with the Business Intelligence Team Leader and his team to ensure timely completion of projects’ deliverables to the end user.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains business intelligence applications based on technical requirements and designs following Business intelligence development standards and guidelines.
• Performs testing of all components of BI applications.
• Coordinates with other ICT teams.
• Determines requirements feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Demonstrates solutions by creating or updating documentations, Guidelines, flowcharts, layouts, code comments and clear code.
• Work closely with the Team Leader for understanding of the functional and technical requirements
• Develop the atomic/semantic layers, metadata, reports and analytic dashboards
• Assist the team leader in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with business intelligence applications.
• Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business intelligence development methodology
• Troubleshoot BI tools and applications.
• Conduct research related to Business Intelligence projects.
• Bachelor Degree in computer science or related fields.
• 3-5 years of relevant business intelligence development experience.
• Good experience in used technologies, related certifications are a plus
• Understanding of Customer requirements and ensure delivery to these requirements
• Knowledge of Data warehouse fundamentals.
• Relevant experience in BI tools development; Tableau/Qlikview is a plus.
• Relevant experience in ETL development; Talend is a plus.
• SQL experience is a must.
• PL/SQL development experience is a plus
• Experience in health-related business or insurance (preferably medical insurance) is a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Analytical thinking and Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to Work under pressure.
• Effective communication skills, oral and written
• Fluent in English and Arabic, French is an asset