The purpose of the Database Administrator position is to increase the technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
The Database Administrator will assist the Database manager in the management of different databases and what it entails in terms of analysis, design, availability, recovery, monitoring, configuration, deployment and support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installation and Configuration of new database.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting database.
• Tuning and Performance analysis and resolution.
• Deploy scripts and programs provided by ICT.
• Update the current user guides and manuals of the systems.
• Perform daily data maintenance tasks.
• Perform and test backups, recovery and failover tests
• Reports any critical issues to your direct supervisor & to local management team in order to ensure streamline process.
• Document the company’s database environment.
• Administrator all database objects (tables, index, procedure, etc…)
• Ability to develop database script including basic command and shell scripting.
• University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 5 years of experience in Oracle database Administration, MsSQL is a plus
• Database-related certification is a plus (OCP, MCSD, etc.)
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• Knowledge in high availability, data replication and data security.
• Understanding of ITIL processes and change controls is a plus