• Design and develop web applications.
• Add features and maintain existing web platforms.
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior
• Assess, suggest, and drive enhancements that would improve the stability and usability of platforms.
• Process and perform all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor
• Work closely with upper management.
• Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Develop new products and update existing products to keep them current with changing technologies.
• Maintain the developed websites and web apps after deployment; including diagnosis and troubleshooting
of bugs and poor performance.
• Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate;
assist junior programmers with programming assignments.
• Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the
programs or methods, special instructions, and any changes made in databases on procedural,
modular and database level.
• Make presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
• Communicate with the team and the project manager regarding programming needs and performance.
• Research and recommend software tools to management.
• Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and
software development management.
• BS in computer science or BE in Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Strong knowledge of PHP (Laravel Framework) or a similar web framework like Ruby on Rails
• Strong knowledge of CSS3 (Less or Sass is a plus).
• Strong knowledge of HTML5 and MySQL/MariaDB databases.
• Knowledge of source code management systems (GIT or SVN)
• Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large (Linux distributions, cloud hosting,..).
• Familiarity with JIRA or similar software management tools.
Skills and Competencies:
• Able to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Passionate for web development and web technologies.
• Detail Oriented.
• Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
• Able to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Able to teach or instruct co-workers.
• Able to learn and adapt to new programming languages and new technologies quickly.
• Able to write, edit, and debug programs to achieve desired output.
• Able to design testing scenarios and writing unit and integration tests.
• Able to work productively in a team.
• Fluent in English.