Through the British Policing Support Project (2016-19) the United Kingdom supports the Lebanese Internal Security Forces (ISF) to meet the challenges to Lebanon’s stability and public safety. Key strategic elements of the British Policing Support Project (BPSP) relate to mainstreaming a Community Policing model, improving internal and external accountability, enhancing Human Rights and building the capacity and professionalism of the ISF.
The Software Engineer will work in coordination with the Analysis and Process Automation Lead to provide solutions for process automation, analysis, business intelligence and reporting within relevant ISF institutions.
• Develop detailed specs and analysis documents when provided requirements
• Implement tasks and modules in the required technology (java, sql, oracle).
• Prepare test plans, and perform quality control on the implemented code, processes and reports.
• Follow up bugs and fixes.
• Coordinate with Analysis and Processes Lead and provide regular updates.
• Document all decisions and build an archive of all relevant references.
Essential Experience and Skills
• 4+ years of experience in software development.
• Proven experience with programming languages JAVA and Object Oriented Programming
• Proven experience in architecture and design of process automation and engineering using best practices.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced degree in computer science or engineering.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good internal and external relationships.
• Excellent command of written, read and spoken Arabic and English.
• Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality