We are in need of a draftsman (CAD Operator Architecture) to join our team. The main role of the draftsman is to use design software to generate architectural drawings for construction projects.
- Prepare architectural and working drawings showing plans, elevations, sections, materials, finishes and other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping;
- Prepare preliminary sketches; produce designs and detailed drawings;
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects
- Add details to architectural plans from knowledge of building techniques
- Calculate quantity and quality of materials needed, material and labor costs and project completion dates;
- Help prepare building specifications for building plans to suit individual clients;
- Represent & assist architects on building sites to make sure that plans and specifications are followed;
- Work under the supervision of engineers or architects
- Work with architect to ensure that construction project is in accordance with design specifications.
- Diploma of Architectural Drafting
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Able to visualize ideas in three-dimensional form
- Accuracy, neatness and patience in drawing work
- Artistic talent in freehand drawing