Job Title: Project Design Manager
Job Location: Beirut, Lebanon
To lead, manage and motivate the Project Design Team ensuring strict control of be operating and capital budgets and the generation of fee income and margin in line with the LBC Medium Term Financial Plan
- To maintain the Project Design Team work program to ensure the most economic and effective use of resources and the completion of design projects in line with target timescales.
- To negotiate and conclude fees with clients and customers that reflect the full cost of the design and associated work involved within any project and provide a reasonable operating profit.
- To develop and maintain fee records and forecasts and ensure that billings are processed on a timely basis.
- To work closely with Project Delivery Team and the Project Design Team to ensure overall project targets are being achieved.
- To prepare and present clear, concise and comprehensive management reports
- To liaise with customers, clients, contractors and consultants at the highest level and to develop and foster positive and constructive relationships with them.
- To ensure that all construction, demolition, consultancy and associated tenders are issued administered and accepted in line with Standing Orders.
- To act as the Cost Centre Manager for the team, submitting monthly budget returns and controlling operating costs.
- Ensure technical resources are managed effectively
- Ensure design teams adopt and make effective use of standard products
- Ensure required quality checking/approval procedures are carried out
- Develop simple, effective technical delivery processes to improve the production of design deliverables to time/cost/quality
- Ensure consistency with the other program areas where appropriate
- Mentor and develop the design team
- Escalate any potential issues to the Engineering Manager before they become problems, and work with them to resolve
- Provide a short report for the Engineering Manager to present to the AMT as a monthly update on technical delivery
- Ensure Anglian Water technical requirements and standards are adhered to consistently
- Apply and reinforce standard designs and products across work programs
- Co-ordinate efficient outsourcing/off-shoring of workload
- Ensure technical deliverables are produced within the required timescales, costs are properly managed within the fee curves and change is tightly controlled and scope properly managed
- Be accountable for the quality of all design deliverables and technical delivery of least whole life cost solutions
- Significant previous experience in a similar role
- Degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline
- Chartered Mechanical, Civil, Process or Electrical Engineer
- Experience in managing a large design team, with the ability to steer them in new directions, motivate and inspire
- Well-versed in all aspects of Water Recycling Non-Infrastructure processes
- Understand the concepts of Whole Life Cost and be able to guide the team to a technical solution with the best value option
- Experience in using construction techniques and managing resource needs
- Experience in one or more of the following; water, wastewater, M&E
- Experience in the detailed design of permanent and temporary works to deadline
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of operations and maintenance
- Ability to challenge solutions and innovate to reduce embodied and operation carbon on projects
- Experience of process and asset management optimization
- Knowledge and experience in creating project programs
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- A confident demeanor and the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel
- Good communicator with the ability to communicate detailed data to a non-data literate audience