We are looking for a professional external auditor licensed by Lebanese Association for Certified Public Accountants to handle our external auditing projects in Lebanon. The sought-out external auditor shall perform audits on systems and accounts to further report audit findings and recommend improvements.
• Plan effective auditing processes
• Audit financial statements and assess accounts for accuracy and regulatory compliance
• Inspect internal systems and controls
• Assess risk management tactics
• Perform audits of non-financial areas
• Report systematic errors or fraud indicators
• Investigate specific issues regulatory bodies bring forward
• Prepare reports, commentaries and financial statements
• Liaise with managerial staff
• Explain audit findings and recommend solutions
• Collect and analyze data for deficient controls, duplicated efforts, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
• Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
• Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and further proposed recommendations
• Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
• Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
• Examine and evaluate financial systems and recommend controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
• Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
• Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
• Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
• Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries.
• Direct activities of personnel engaged in filing, recording, compiling and transmitting financial records.
• Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
• Audit payroll and personnel records to determine insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
• Bachelor degree in Auditing
• CPA is a plus
• LACPA certified
• Proven experience as an External Auditor
• Proven knowledge of accounting & auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• Experience in data analysis and financial reporting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
• Self-motivation, determination and confidence
• A strong aptitude for math
• Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
• Strong organizational skills
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgement