Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare annual budgets and monitoring individual unit budgets on an on-going basis, ensuring adequate controls are in place.
• Assist in providing analysis and explanation of variances of key financial data for presentation to senior management team, Finance Committee and/or Council.
• Prepare reports and statistical returns for the Departments.
• Oversee accounts receivable and payable functions.
• Responsible of all income from registration fees, government grants and other
miscellaneous income sources; identify possible additional sources of income, credit notes, free goods, sponsorships.
• Responsible of the employee’s payroll.
• Responsible of the employee’s tips and distributions.
• Responsible of the petty cash.
• Assist in maintaining the fixed assets register.
• Prepare documentation for committees and ensure that are fully supported as necessary.
• Ensure finances are dealt with according to current legislation, policies and
procedures and best practice corporate financial standards.
• Coordinate with the concerned parties to improve working procedures and implement new ones if any.
• Control the accounting activities
• Assist in various audit tasks on cost control, purchasing, HR, and accounting.
• Cash flow management (with banks and operation on a daily basis).
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Hold a recognized accounting qualification.
• S/he must have a minimum of 4 years relevant post qualification experience.
• Experience in managing a finance unit including people management.
• Solid experience in cash flow management.
• F&B experience is preferable.
• Ability to work on own initiative with strong multitasking capabilities.
• Strong leadership skills and an ability to implement financial policies and procedures
are essential to this role.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
and priorities tasks effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a range of
different stakeholders. Presentation skills are important.
• Excellent written communication skills with proven experience in a variety of written
forms including policy documents, web content, correspondence and business cases.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Flexibility and adaptability are important.