The Business Analyst main role is to conduct needs analysis & opportunity definition, provide alternative solutions.
The Business Analyst also assists in determining the requirements of a project, document & communicate them clearly & making them available to all stakeholders.
After thorough understanding of the client’s needs, essential tasks performed by the Business Analyst involve encouraging the identification of areas that need updating or re-engineering, often working in tandem with the ICT department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst is required to investigate & analyze business activities to make them more efficient by using IT resources & typically take the lead role in:
o Business Analysis planning and monitoring
o Eliciting requirements
o Requirements Managements and communication
o Requirements Analysis
o Solution assessment and validation
Practically, the Business Analyst facilitates the creation of IT solutions, provides staff training, tests systems, and identifies areas for improvement through the following activities:
• Documents client’s direction, structure, business processes & requirements
• Researches technical practices & tools in the industry
• Assists in the collection & consolidation of required information & data
• Accurately & efficiently executes test plans
• Assembles & documents all test results
• Understanding of project plans & articulation of roles, goals & timelines
• Accurate application of supervisor’s comments
• Adhesion to PM standards
• Accurate use of documentation tools
• Project support & administrative functions
• Effective personal & time management
• University degree (BS) in Computer Science or related field of study or Business - Master degree is a plus
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
• Modeling notation (UML, Structured, BPMN)
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
• Has a good understanding of the business environment
• Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy