Job Description Summary:
The SharePoint Software Developer applies current graphics design and .NET technologies to develop, modify, maintain SharePoint server portals. Design, develop, and manage site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of the existing MOSS portals. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. As a SharePoint Developer, you will be able to perform the following duties:
• Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server 2007 and new 2013.
• Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Build proof of concept examples or graphical simulation software. Then maintain product test software and demos for training purposes.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
• Experience of using Bootstrap (or responsive design equivalent)
• Office 365 / SharePoint Online Development Experience
• Experience of working with the SharePoint App model (provider hosted and/or SharePoint hosted)
• SQL knowledge
• Competent project management skills
• Experience of SharePoint Server Side and Client Side Object Model
• Experience in SharePoint Designer Workflows
• Experience in using Visual Studio and using Microsoft Team Foundation Services
• Experience of working with the AGILE methodology
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (to both technical and non-technical audiences, written and verbal)
• Proven track record to work to strict commercial deadlines
• Self-management and strong organization skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science , Engineering or equivalent