This role requires working within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to design high quality, high speed, low noise analogue and RF printed circuit boards in accordance with engineering, mechanical and company requirements and processes.
This role will also be to develop schematics and then produce PCB layouts and manufacturing/assembly data packages for a variety of products.
The role will require interaction with an in-house assembly team with a view to delivering boards with a high level of quality and manufacturability in a timely manner.
- Develop PCB layouts, perform component placements and determine wire routings.
- Verify existing designs and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for completing PCB designs in accordance with agreed project time, cost, and quality performance requirements.
- Working with Electronic/ RF Engineers to develop Schematics. CAD library administration including symbol, footprint generation and database administration.
- Recommend new design concepts and validate the concept feasibility using circuit simulations.
- Prepare test specifications and test procedures and develop test fixtures.
- Perform PCB design testing and analyze test results.
- Assist in preparation of project schedules, budget and risks.
- Monitor and report project status to Manager on regular basis.
- Attend project meetings to discuss about project progress and issues.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Propose process improvements to ensure PCB functionality, quality and reliability.
- Experience for at least 2 years in PCB design and RF circuits simulations.
- Perform EMC/EMI testing and simulation for PCBs (Desirable)