• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Finding out about the project requirements (taking a 'brief')
• Coming up with design concepts that fit the needs
• Presents options for design treatments
• Creates final designs, working to a deadline and budget
• Amends designs according to final comments
• Proofreads and preparing designs to be sent to print.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop...)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Marketing, or related field
0 to 2 years of experience