Scope of Work:
Our client is a leader electromechanical Contractor in Lagos - Nigeria
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement purchasing strategies and policies
• Extensive experiences in MEP materials purchasing
• Update and maintain list of approved suppliers and price lists
• Perform supplier selection and evaluation activities
• Follow up in Obtaining offers for purchases as per the purchasing procedure
• Preparing / reviewing material requisitions and purchase orders as necessary
• Provide support during tendering activities by receiving and analyzing quotations from suppliers
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
• Provide input and guidance during the development of material schedules
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
• Handles all freight and shipment related insurance measures and follow up on upcoming claims.
• Handles L/C establishment wherever applicable.
• Follows up on receipt of documents, conduct review of documents on shipments, coordinate with clearing agents and warehouses.
• Monitors Stocks & collection
• Will make sure that products are delivered on time and according to quality standards.
1) Managerial tasks:
• Coach, motivate and retain staff, develop individual as well as team capabilities
• Lead the section to pursue goals and targets by month, quarter and year
• Manage and solve any occurring problem with suppliers
• Organize section; work in coordination with Quality Management Department: processes, job descriptions, etc.
• Ensure that section has proper resources to conduct daily activities and achieve objectives
• Participate in recruitment activities for own section if requested by HR department
• Follow up on daily, weekly and monthly reports of all activities
• Provide reports and feedbacks to top management (formally and informally) and confer on key topics
• Evaluate performance, delegate responsibility and authority. Follow up to ensure proper performance
Education: BA Business Administration University graduate / MBA is recommended
Experience Required: Should have (8- 15 years) and more in procurement formalities with Electromechanical Construction contractor in the Middle East, Nigeria or Lebanon is a must.
- experience with negotiation
- experience with managing supply chain
Languages: Perfect English & Arabic
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Must be skillful in the use of Internet and E-mail
Location: Nigeria - Lagos
Interested candidates pls e-mail CV’s with personal photo posted on his C.v. whilst treated in Strict Confidentiality. Further, don’t send in PDF format.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for the position. The remaining CVs will be kept in our data bank for other opportunities.