Job Overview ( 4 years as System Administrator )
Maintain computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance; and work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment that includes work in all aspects of operating an Application Infrastructure environment consisting of MS SQL Server Databases, Web servers, Microsoft Office SharePoint Servers, Active Directory, ADFS, Office 365, MS CRM, SharePoint, Cloud hosting and more.
Major Tasks: Duties and Roles
Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Database and Application Server installation, configuration, testing, deployment, management, maintenance and upgrade.
* Identify and recommend Infrastructure and hardware requirements to support the Infrastructure.
* Provide infrastructure support for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and in-house developed enterprise applications.
* Support customer's Infrastructure related issues.
* Develop, test, update and implement continuity of operations processes.
* Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies.
* Maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
o Establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure
o Establish system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures
o Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor
o Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; set up firewalls; proxy servers; virus protection; internet security, establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation
* Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, Outlook and other basic applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems. Providing references and support.
* Provide timely support for staff members on Infrastructure related issues.
* Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
Major Tasks: Duties and Roles cont’d
* Upgrade system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software
* Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses
* Protect organization's value by keeping confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
* Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software as per the policy in place
* Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
* Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment
* Perform and manage regular backups for LAN server and user workstation file systems, help users recover lost or deleted files
* Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades. (Install, configure, and maintain company application and product on house and on site clients.)
* Install new and upgraded application and utility software, like SQL Server, webservers, .net software and tools, SPs, word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail
* Administer User accounts (add, change, configure), e-mail address lists and printer names
* Maintain site licenses for department/organization
* Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures
* Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards
* Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability
* Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability
* Document network problems and resolutions for future reference
* Perform other duties as assigned