Position: Regional Accounting Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance or any related field- Post Graduate Degree is a must
Years of Experience: Minimum 6 to 9 years of prior experience in a similar position (preferably in pharmaceutical field).
Contract Length: 3 years
Brief Description on Duties:
• Ensure that the account receivables ledger is accurate and being updated in a timely manner.
• Follow up on collection with the sales teams to ensure that the clients are adhering to the credit limits.
• Report to top management in case of default or significant delays from customers and agree on action plan in a timely manner to address the noted issue.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reconciliations with customers and validation of accounts
• Ensure that payments are made to suppliers in accordance with the agreed-on terms and conditions mentioned in the existing contracts.
• Ensure that accounts payable schedule is accurate and being updated in a timely manner
• Perform periodic reconciliations with the suppliers to ensure obtaining confirmations in a timely manner
• Ensure that cash on hand is within the approved limit set by management and ensure that cash is deposited in the bank as per the approved policies
• Ensure that cash available in the banks matches the business needs in relation to currencies especially in relation to the terms agreed with the suppliers and the payments due date
• Prepare periodic actual reports and submit to management for discussion and feedback: this includes balance sheet, cash flow, P&L
• Conduct periodic budget vs. actual analysis based on the approved budget, provide management with variation analysis and justification, and act on the approved corrective action as mandated by top management.
• Provide management with periodic financial dashboard highlighting the key ratios applicable to the company’s industry and nature of activities, including but not limited to: inventory turnover, receivable turn over, quick ratio etc..
• Coordinate with the external auditor in terms of attending meetings and providing necessary information in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all requests of governmental and related bodies are being addressed in a timely manner including but not limited to tax declarations, NSSF declarations without any penalties being imposed on the company
• Provide close supervision and guidance to the finance and accounting team to ensure the accurate and timely execution of the tasks assigned to them
• Provide support for the team while coaching and performing the appraisal
• Annual training courses of not less than 5 in field of expertise and team management/interpersonal skills
• MS Office proficiency especially in relation to Power Point and Excel
• Microsoft Dynamics 365
• Emotional Intelligence including conflict resolution
• Business Communication Skills (oral and written)
• Diligence and attendance to details.
• Team Management & Supervision.
• Delegation and monitoring.