The Chef de Rang is responsible for providing the guests with an exceptional dining experience. He ensures attentive service is provided and all guests’ requests are adhered to.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Aware of all the dishes and beverages on the menu.
• Suggest up-selling items to the guest.
• Anticipate and alert to guests’ needs.
• Give every guest the number one priority.
• Ensure that the guest receives prompt, friendly and professional service.
• Abide and implement the Service of Sequence procedure according to Restaurant policy.
• Set-up tables and side stations according to standard.
• Notify the Floor Manager/Team Leader of specific guest needs and requests.
• Report any customer complaint to Floor Manager/Team Leader.
• Assist the Commis by clearing tables once vacant.
• Handle food and beverage service following the sequence of service.
• Communicate constantly with assigned Commis.
• Insert daily tips in the tips box.
• Always inform Floor Manager/Team Leader when leaving the floor during working hours for any reason.
• Minimum 3 years experience as Chef de Rang or similar experience in a reputable restaurant.
• A degree in hospitality management or its equivalent.
• Fluent in three languages: Arabic, English and French.
• Listening and Communication Skills
• Time Management
• Detail oriented
• Customer oriented
• Able to work under pressure
• Availability and flexibility in schedule