Purpose: Controlling and supervising the kitchen activities, maintaining a well-trained and highly motivated team and upholding policies and quality standards in food preparation and delivery to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Supervise the kitchen opening & closing procedures according to checklists.
• Ensure quality standards in food production using records, menus and appropriate reference material and supervise the outcome and serving of the products on the line.
• Monitor the implementation of standards set for food & practices to ensure food safety.
• Investigate product non-conformance to avoid repetitive incidents.
• Ensure good grooming, hygiene, safety and sanitation practices in kitchen area.
• Oversee the kitchen supplies and equipment receiving, rotation, inventories and requisitions.
• Monitor the cleaning and handling of the kitchen utensils.
• Arrange for the regular maintenance and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
• Participate in recruiting new kitchen employees, monitor their schedule, attendance, duties, performance, training and leaves and take part in their coaching, appraisal, development opportunities and reward policy.
• Ensure a good and professional communication channel among and with the kitchen staff and with the head of branch through logbooks, mails, memos, reports, briefings and meetings.
• Ensure that food and labor cost standards are attained.
• Monitor the daily kitchen report and review the monthly stock variation.
• Brief the head of branch about the kitchen state of operation providing advice for possible improvement.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
Location: Iraq - Sulaimaniya