Make a difference on international development, corporate social responsibility and security issues around the globe. Join our REMOTE team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate is a young, self-driven problem solver with a desire to contribute to building user-friendly software in an exciting, fast-growing startup environment.
Position: Full-stack software developer
Time commitment: Full-time
• Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 2+ years experience as Full stack developer on the MERN Stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS).
• 2+ years experience of administrating Linux (Ubuntu) servers.
• Solid understand of basic Git principles.
• Solid understanding of SQL and No-SQL Databases (MongoDB).
• Comfortable working with back-end API and data integration such as GIS (ArcGIS), Salesforce, Google API, etc.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn and work with Python and Ruby on Rails.
• Strong command of English language, ability to work with remote teams.
• Autonomous and interested in self-growth.
• Willingness to travel from time to time for short-term assignments on client sites around the world.
You will be working closely with the CTO and the rest of our software development team following agile methodologies. This will involve directly developing FUSION, AKTEK's flagship software product, built on MERN stack using MongoDB, Docker and other technologies.
Important Note: This position is structured as a full-time, indefinite consultancy contract with AKTEK Limited in London, UK. It includes competitive salary and benefits such as European-level paid holidays as well as sick days. That said, the successful hire would need to invoice monthly to the UK firm and be responsible for his/her income tax and other government deductions as dictated by his/her place of residence.