To support the Operational Procurement Manager in the delivery of a strategy to co-ordinate best purchasing practice and maximize benefits to the University.
Supervisory responsibility for the Operational Procurement team.
To manage the allocation of duties to team members to ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with agreed service levels.
To provide procurement support for all areas of the University and specific allocated budget/commodity areas.
This will include
- undertaking mini competitions using existing frameworks,
- conducting low value tenders and requests for quotation taking into account whole life costing, sustainability and ethical purchasing
- category management
- contract managing existing frameworks including account management
- promote good procurement practice supporting requesters in allocated budget areas
- identify and deliver efficiency savings and improved contractual arrangements
To supervise the purchase order processing activity:
- check validity of requests to purchase, obtaining any additional necessary paperwork and manage any noncompliance requests
- act as liaison between the Senior Procurement Assistants and the Operational team
- manage the GRN process to ensure prompt action and resolution in conjunction with the Procurement Systems Administrator
- liaise with requesters/ departmental contacts to ensure timely resolution of queries
- liaise with Accounts Payable to resolve supplier payment issues.
- handle complaints
- provide status reports to the Operational Procurement Manager on an agreed basis
Identify opportunities to add value to the procurement process throughout the University.
Attending local, regional and national procurement meetings covering allocated commodity areas and disseminating information as appropriate.
Adhoc duties as required covering the day to day operations in the absence of the Operational Procurement Manager