● Lead with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain iOS applications.
● Work closely in a cross-functional team environment with web, mobile, and backend developers, QA, UX designers, and product management.
● Follow-up, mentor, and code review junior developers to advance their skills.
● Ensure your team delivers software on time and to specification in the highest quality.
● Serve as a technical expert on Android Apps.
● Work on code design and architecture, code reviews, and setting up working
methodologies and standards (Automated Testing - Unit and Integration Testing, Code style)
● Take full ownership of the Android Apps and make product level decisions thus introducing quality to the product without being asked.
● Advise UX designers, product designers, and all stakeholders on best practices for Android.
● Keep up with development within the industry and the Android SDK to make sure the platform utilizes recent capabilities.
● Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
● Be available to support clients utilizing the App.
● Have 4 to 6 years of similar experience
● Have passion towards Android development and the Google development
● Have excellent experience with the Android SDK (Java and KOTLIN).
● Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that
follows best practices.
● Have a strong drive for learning and adapting to new technologies.
● Have the ability to think critically with little oversight.
● Have the ability to write clean code.
● Be attentive to quality and detail (Code and UI)
● Have good experience in Unit and integration testing.
● Have good experience in Automated building environments (CI/CD)
● Have experience in XMPP (Not required but a plus)
*** A technical test will be set for short-listed candidates. This is a full time job with registration under NSSF ***