Are you looking for an opportunity that can make you a millionaire? Do you like a good challenge and are confident about your leadership and cooking skills to shine as an Executive Sous Chef?
Then this is an opportunity for you!
A new Chinese restaurant concept is looking for a Sous Chef part-time (5 hours per week, flexible working hours) to help create an innovative Dim Sum menu (spring rolls, shrimp dumplings, beef gyoza, vegetarian momo, pork suhmai, etc,). Selected candidate will receive equity % (become partner in the business) + cash hourly compensation and will work with a team of highly accomplished individuals. The concept is a first of its kind in Lebanon and has massive success potential ($10+ million revenue per year). The chef will possess significant authority and report directly to the CEO. Chef will be responsible for all things production and cooking related: what goes in the kitchen, what happens inside the kitchen and what comes out of it.
You will start part-time (5 hours per week) and if your performance is strong, you will be offered a full-time job.
• ~5 years experience at a top tier establishment
• Must be graduate from a top school
• Track record of high performance and loyalty (if you switch jobs every year, please don’t apply. This position is for someone who can think and act long-term)
• Must have some Chinese cuisine experience (~2 years), especially with making noodles from scratch
• Must have intermediate skills make dumplings from scratch, including the dough preparation and filling, and most importantly the wrapping at the end
• Must be a fast learner and able to hit the ground running. Nobody knows it all but we are looking for people who can adapt quickly and learn fast
• Must be familiar with the different types of dough used, including regular flour dough, crystal / white dough with tapioca and wheat starch, and fluffy buns (yeast, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, flour)
• Must be adept with creating filling using various meats and vegetables, including duck, shrimp, crab, pork, chicken, beef, tofu, edamame, mushroom, etc.
• Must be creative and come up ways to improve recipes and create an award winning menu
• Must be resourceful and able to solve challenging problems using Internet search, reading reference books, asking friends and relying on own intelligence to perfect the recipes
• Showcase leadership and management potential: you will have a team reporting to you and you will be in charge of their performance
• Mature, reliable and honest: this is NOT a position for people who cannot take responsibility seriously, who lie, and who quit easily. This is a position for grown ups who want to make serious money and know what it takes to achieve their dreams
• Hard working and motivated: must be dedicated to the business and give his best shot as success of the business will be in your hands
• Design a compelling and creative menu that is trendy, different yet suitable to Lebanese taste
• Hire and manage kitchen staff
• Train kitchen staff on dumpling making techniques, including dough, filling and wrapping
• Source raw materials and negotiate with suppliers
• Monitor and manage inventory
• Keep kitchen clean and organized, streamline processes and introduce best practices
• Best in class cooking abilities and techniques. Must be able to learn new tools and methods on the job and become highly efficient at them
• Oversee production and cooking operations
• Design kitchen architecture with help of kitchen experts. Purchase equipment needed to produce and cook menu
• Report to the CEO kitchen performance, cost efficiency, and resource planning
• Participate in company business meetings and contribute ideas on how to improve business and performance